Join us for Grand Hotel’s 2nd annual Distillers Weekend!
Arrive Friday evening to a welcome reception featuring a specialty cocktail hand-crafted with a Grand Hotel. On Saturday guests will have the special opportunity to hear an interactive presentation by Grand Hotel Resident Historian Bob Tagatz. You may even learn a few prohibition secrets from Grand Hotel and Northern Michigan!
Saturday evening get dressed in your finest and enjoy a journey through a series of unique spirits from Iron Fish Distillery, paired with a specialty and delectable tasting dinner in the Main Dining Room designed by Grand Hotel Executive Chef, while learning the providence of each. Discover the complimenting flavors of each spirit and food and how each one’s production and ingredients affects its flavor.
We are excited to announce Grand Distillers Weekend featured distillery of 2022 is Iron Fish Distillery of Thompsonville, MI. Iron Fish Distillery is Michigan’s first farm distillery, founded in 2016. They have perfected the soil-to-spirt process, from growing their own grain, to milling, mashing, and fermenting all on property. Finishing this processes with barrel aging on site with over 1,000 barrels from all over the world.
We hope you will join us for this fun and unique Grand Distillers Weekend, learning more about Grand Hotel’s history and Iron Fish Distillery!
- Grand Hotel Accommodations
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- Welcome amenity upon check-in
- Friday evening Welcome Reception featuring a signature cocktail
- Saturday morning Grand Hotel History Lecture by Resident Historian, Bob Tagatz, discussing Grand Hotel through the Prohibition in Brighton Pavilion, Grand Hotel’s original casino
- Saturday afternoon bourbon tasting
- Saturday evening tasting dinner
- Complimentary admission to the Richard and Jane Manoogian Mackinac Art Museum
- Special discount on ferry tickets
- No tipping within Grand Hotel
Grand Distillers Weekend can also be booked by calling Grand Hotel Reservations at 1-800-334-7263.