- Please view the Lilac Festival Weekend rates here.
Join us for Mackinac Island’s 74th annual Lilac Festival!
Since its inaugural event in 1948, the Annual Lilac Festival on Mackinac Island has grown into a 10-day festival held in honor of the flower for which the Island is renowned. The lilac is a spectacular variety with a distinct history. In fact, some are more than 200 years old. We invite you to come and join the celebration and experience the splendor of the lilac, while they are in bloom throughout the Island.
With our Lilac Festival Weekend, you’ll enjoy a garden and lilac tour given by a member of the Grand Hotel gardening staff. Meander through the Grand gardens and learn all about the varieties and work that goes on behind the scenes. Guests will also learn the history of Grand Hotel while attending a History Lecture with our Resident Historian, Bob Tagatz.
Enjoy all activities happening around Mackinac Island; some of the featured events include the Lilac Festival Parade, featuring Mackinac Island Businesses and Community Members, the Lilac Festival 10K run/walk, Coronation of the Lilac Festival Queen, and the Mackin-Paws Parade. For more information about the Mackinac Island Lilac Festival and schedule, please visit the Mackinac Island website.
- Grand Hotel Accommodations
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- All Grand Hotel Amenities
- Grand Hotel History Lecture with our Resident Historian, Bob Tagatz
- Saturday evening Lilac Reception
- Mackinac Island Activities
- One scoop per person of ice cream from Sadie’s Ice Cream Parlor
- Nightly entertainment in the Terrace Room
- Special discount on ferry tickets
- No tipping within Grand Hotel
This Grand Hotel Lilac Festival Package is all available to book by calling Grand Hotel Reservations at 1-800-334-7263.