Coronavirus Travel Update (COVID-19)
(Revised 10-7-2020 11:30 a.m.)
Based on the procedures mandated by the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services one 10-5-2020, Mackinac Island will continue to follow these safety protocols:
- Everyone must wear a face covering when indoors and not able to properly social distance.
In addition, we encourage all of our guests to wash your hands frequently.
FAQ Winter Season November until Mid April
Will my Mackinac Island experience be different this year? If so, how?
- There will be no late boats for the traditional Christmas Tree lighting.
- The annual Christmas Bazaar will be virtual this winter
Are public restrooms available to visitors?
- No. Not until Mid-April.
How will ferry transportation be impacted?
- Star Line Ferry provides winter ferry service from St. Ignace only. For more information and full schedules, please visit Star Line Ferry.
- Passengers are required to comply with safety protocols, including social distancing when possible, wearing masks and following updated embarking/disembarking processes to limit crowds.
How will air travel transportation be impacted?
- Standard air travel is now available.
- Please contact Mackinac Island Airport directly for more information at 906-847-3231.
State of Michigan Department of Public Health & Safety: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus
US Travel Association: https://www.ustravel.org/toolkit/emergency-preparedness-and-response-coronavirus-covid-19?
A potential risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people gather. The entire Mackinac Island community is committed to keeping you healthy and safe but we cannot guarantee possible exposure to COVID-19 won’t occur. To help in maintaining a safe environment, your assistance is needed while visiting in following the guidelines below.
- If you are displaying symptoms or known to be COVID positive or have been exposed to someone displaying symptoms or known to be COVID positive, we ask that you not travel to Mackinac Island.
- Please wash hands often and refrain from touching your face or eyes.
- Maintain 6-feet of distance between you and others as often as possible.
- Wear a mask or cover your mouth and nose while in public areas.
- Avoid touching surfaces whenever possible.
Thank you for your help in maintaining the safest possible experience for all.
Mackinac Island Lodging & Accommodations
With over 1,600 unique lodging rooms, our Island is full of one of kind, family owned and award winning properties. The Island’s highly trained and courteous professionals want to make sure your stay is as comfortable and accommodating as possible.