McGulpin House

ABOUT

One of the island’s oldest structures, McGulpin House dates to 1790. Originally located on the east end of town, the building was moved to this location during restoration in 1982. Once the home of William McGulpin, a baker for the American Fur Company, this structure is an excellent and rare example of early French Canadian domestic architecture. Preserved as an architectural artifact, the interior is partially restored to reveal its layers of use. Exhibits tell the story of the house. There is also an interactive audiovisual program on the historic architecture of Mackinac Island.

CONTACT

ADDRESS

VIEW MORE ACTIVITY OPTIONS

Shopping Cart
close-image
Scroll to Top