2021 Season Updates
We are looking forward to another exciting season on Mackinac Island in 2021. Please see below for answers to frequently asked questions. You can call our Information Specialist at 906-847-3783 with more questions.
When will the ferry companies transition to their Summer Schedules?
- Shepler’s Ferry and Star Line Mackinac Island Hydro-Jet Ferry are both now running daily departures out of Mackinaw City and St. Ignace.
How will ferry transportation be impacted?
- Federal mandates require all passengers to wear a mask while aboard the ferries. The latest mandate can be found here.
When will Mackinac Island open? Will everything be open on schedule this season?
- Mackinac Island business will start opening the end of April. Please check back for regular updates.
- We have spent the winter months building on our collective success in 2020 and preparing to ensure our businesses are ready to open for the high season safely and responsibly. We look forward to welcoming you for a fun, exciting and restful summer and fall holiday season, no matter how you choose to spend your time with us.
Will all businesses open in 2021?
- We are anticipating all Island business to open this season. Only a handful of business chose not to open in 2020.
- Each business will determine their individual opening schedule. For the latest information regarding individual business and attraction opening dates, see the opening dates list below.
Is it safe to travel to the Island? What are you doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- Mackinac Island Tourism member businesses have worked tirelessly to build on the successes of 2020 and open for the 2021 season – all while preserving the safety of the cherished visitors, workers and residents of the Island.
- Island businesses are committed to upholding protocols and procedures in alignment with guidelines for safe operations set forth by leading health officials and local, state and federal authorities, including the adoption of a COVID-19 mitigation plan.
- The City of Mackinac Island published a thorough COVID-19 plan that you can read here.
Are there additional steps being taken to promote safe travel in Michigan?
To help keep travelers, and our communities, safe as more people begin to travel in and around Michigan with warmer weather, the state of Michigan announced today a new pilot Travel Points Testing program that will bring antigen COVID-19 testing to locations with high volumes of travel–including several Welcome Centers and select airports in the state. Quick and cost-free testing will be offered with results available in as little as 15 minutes. Walk ups are taken as space allows, and an option to register online via a mobile device will also be available. You can read more about it here.
Will my Mackinac Island experience be different this year? If so, how?
- Mackinac Island is committed to delivering the outstanding guest experience and tradition our fans know and love.
- Safety is our first priority. As such, we continue to uphold familiar health and safety procedures, including the following requests of our valued guests:
- Maintain 6-feet of distance between you and others to respect social distancing.
- Wear a mask or face covering while in public spaces.
- Maintain frequent and thorough hand washing and sanitization practices.
- The Federal Government is mandating all ferry passengers must wear a mask while aboard.
Have events been canceled or rescheduled?
- Many events will look different in 2021 than you may be accustomed to. Such changes are necessary to ensure our fans’ favorite traditions can be observed while keeping guests, workers and residents safe.
- Event plans and scheduling are left to the discretion of each event host. For more information regarding a specific event taking place on Mackinac Island during the 2021 season, we suggest contacting the organizer or host directly for updates.
- For the latest event updates, visit: https://www.mackinacisland.org/annual-island-events/.
Will Mackinac State Historic Parks open as scheduled?
- Mackinac State Historic Parks will open attractions on the Island beginning May 1.
- Please contact Mackinac State Historic Parks directly for more information on current plans for the 2021 season or visit https://www.mackinacparks.com/covid-19/.
Is public air travel transportation available for the 2021 season?
- Standard air travel is available.
- Please contact Mackinac Island Airport and Pellston Airport directly for more information regarding current air travel policies.
Can I access Mackinac Island via private air or lake travel?
- Private air and lake travel options are available.
- Please contact your preferred travel partner directly for more information regarding current travel policies.
Do employees need to be vaccinated before going to work?
- Mackinac Island is working tirelessly to secure vaccine doses for the Island’s seasonal workers to ensure a healthy and fruitful high season.
What are the e-bike rules?
- The Mackinac Island Chief of Police has developed a special FAQ for e-bikes ahead of the 2021 season. For more information, click here.
Will M-185 be open for bike traffic around the perimeter of the island?
- M-185 will be partially closed to bike traffic throughout the summer for road repairs. We will be sure to update with more information as provided.
- Bay View B&B
- Bicycle Street Inn & Waterfront Collection
- Bogan Lane Inn
- Cottage Inn
- Chippewa Hotel
- DeLanglade Condos
- Downtown Harbor Suites
- Grand Hotel
- Haan’s 1830 Inn
- Harbour View Inn
- Hotel Iroquois
- Inn at Mackinac
- Inn at Stonecliffe
- Island House Hotel
- Jacob Wendell House
- Lakebluff Suites at Oakwood
- Lake View Hotel
- Lilac Tree Hotel
- Mackinac House
- Main Street Inn & Suites
- Market Street Inn
- Mission Point Resort
- Murray Hotel
- Park Place Suites
- Pine Cottage B&B
- Pontiac Lodge
- Small Point B&B
- Sunset Condos
- Village Inn Suites
- Voyageur Inn
- Windermere Hotel
- Cindy’s Riding Stable
- Forge a Memory
- Fort Mackinac
- Gough Livery Carriages
- Greens of Mackinac
- Haunted Theater
- Jack’s Livery Stable
- Little Stone Church
- Mackinac Island Carriage Tours
- Mackinac Island Marina
- Maze or Mirrors
- Original Mackinac Island Butterfly House & Insect World
- Restrooms open at State Park Visitors Center, Arch Rock, British Landing, Huron Road
- Sip n’ Sail Cruises
- Stuart House Museum
- Surrey Hill Shops – Brewster’s, Feed Bag, Balsam Shop
- Artists Market
- Benjamin’s of Mackinac
- The Birches
- Canvas & Paddle
- Decked Out
- Destination Mackinac
- Great Turtle Toys
- The Island Bookstore
- Island Breeze
- Joann’s Fudge
- Little Luxuries
- Mackinac Birkenstock
- Mackinac’s Little Gallery
- Mackinac Outfitter
- Murdick’s Fudge
- Nephew’s of Mackinac
- Original Mackinac Island Butterfly House Boutique on Main Street
- Original Mackinac Island Butterfly House Gift Shop on Star Line Dock
- Pink Pony Store
- Ryba’s Fudge Shop
- Sanders Candies
- Sew UP/Rustic Chic Boutique
- Threads of Mackinac
Governor’s Residence Tours
Canceled for 2021
Lilac Festival Grand Stationary Parade
Canceled for 2021
Mackin-Paws Dog Day
Canceled for 2021
- 1852 Grill Room
- Bistro on the Greens at Mission Point
- Carriage House
- Chuckwagon of Mackinac
- Gate House
- Great Turtle Brewery & Distillery
- Ice House BBQ
- Island Slice
- Kingston Kitchen
- Lucky Bean Coffeehouse
- Mary’s Bistro Draught House
- Mighty Mac
- Millie’s on Main
- Mustang Lounge
- Pancake House
- Pink Pony
- Round Island Kitchen at Mission Point
- Seabiscuit Cafe
- Smokey Jose‘s
- Tea Room at Fort Mackinac
- The Broken Spoke
- The Jockey Club
- The Lawn at Stonecliffe
- Watercolor Cafe
- Yankee Rebel
Mackinac Island Lodging & Accommodations
With over 1,600 unique lodging rooms, our Island is full of one of kind, family owned and award winning properties. The Island’s highly trained and courteous professionals want to make sure your stay is as comfortable and accommodating as possible.